Men with Eating Disorders Support Group (age 18+)
Boys with Eating Disorders Support Group (under 18)
- Concerned Others Support Group
To help members with similar experiences connect with one another, in order to feel less isolated with their problems and give them the opportunity to interact with others through receiving and giving support in a safe, nonjudgmental environment.
How the support group can help me?
- Give me hope that recovery is possible
- Empower me to make positive changes in my life or support a loved one
- Help me not to feel so isolated in my circumstances
- Provide me an opportunity to disclose my feelings and thoughts to others who understand what I am going through and who are able to provide me insight and support
- Confidentiality – All members are expected to preserve the confidentiality of other members by not repeating personal information or what has been said by specific individuals.
No Triggering Comments – All members must refrain from writing potentially triggering comments that may negatively affect other members, such as references to numbers regarding weight or details about purging methods.
Boys under 13 are required to have parental consent to join the Boys with Eating Disorders Online Support Group, in order to be compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Contact Chris@NAMEDinc.org
for a parental consent form.
- Commitment – To get the most out of this online support group, regularly schedule time (at least once a week, preferably more) to visit the forum to post your questions and comments, and respond to others questions and comments.
- Duration – Stay with the group for at least one month to discern whether it is helpful to you.
- Privacy – While confidentiality is expected of all group members, it cannot be guaranteed, therefore it is recommended that you not share any personal information identifying yourself that you feel uncomfortable with others knowing, such as last name and your phone number.
- Activity – Be willing to post both messages about yourself and messages directed to others comments and questions.
- Therapy – All group members are encouraged to be in individual therapy with an eating disorder specialist and other treatment team professionals as deemed necessary in their recovery process.
If you have questions, feedback about the support group, issues with
another group member, or need additional individual support from the
facilitator, call 1-877-780-0080 or e-mail Chris@NAMEDinc.org.
- The facilitator, Chris, the executive director of N.A.M.E.D. has a
M.A. in Communication, but is not a licensed therapist.
- The online support group for males with eating disorders is meant
to supplement treatment with professionals, not to replace it.
- N.A.M.E.D. cannot guarantee these online support groups will
help you nor can it guarantee there will not be a breach of
confidentiality by members.
- While N.A.M.E.D. tries to present correct information and often
presents opinion, N.A.M.E.D. cannot be held liable for any
inaccuracies of information.